Frequently Asked Questions
1. How and when did Svastrino start?
Our story began with our founder, Rohit Gala, who experienced the challenge of selecting the right educational path firsthand. He struggled to find the right guidance and as a result, ended up exploring multiple fields before finding his calling as an Educationist. He realised the value of career counseling and mentoring and decided to make it his mission to help students avoid the same struggle. In 2009, Svastrino was established with a focus on personalised career mentoring programs and providing career guidance to students. Our goal is to help you discover their potential, align their career goals with their unique personalities, and achieve success with our Mentoring for Career Development services.
2. What are Svastrino’s Vision and Mission?
Vision: to become the leading online career mentoring platform by the end of 2025, offering the most fitting services and knowledge to help students and professionals achieve their goals.
Mission: to empower individuals to explore and discover their life’s purpose, providing them with the tools and guidance needed to pursue their passions and live fulfilling lives.
1. What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is an ever-evolving process that plays a vital role in shaping one’s personal and professional growth. It is a personality-driven approach that recognizes and caters to an individual’s specific requirements and ambitions. The process involves frequent feedback and guidance, which is tailored to cater to the participant’s distinct personality traits, strengths, and areas that require improvement. With Mentoring for Career Development, individuals receive the support and guidance required to achieve their career aspirations, providing them with the necessary tools and resources to succeed.
2. What is Counseling?
Counseling is a process of meaningful conversation between a licensed counselor and an individual. It involves exploring challenges, identifying potential solutions, and developing the necessary mental and emotional tools for successful implementation. At Svastrino, our personalised counseling services are designed to help you navigate life’s challenges with confidence and clarity.
3. How is counseling different from mentoring?
Counseling and Mentoring are both valuable tools to get support and guidance for personal and professional development. While counseling is a short-term guidance process that helps individuals explore problems and identify solutions, mentoring is a longer-term, personalised training program that helps individuals get guidance, advice, and support to drive results in a more comprehensive and focused way. Mentoring is tailored to each individual’s unique needs and provides a detailed plan for achieving their career goals. At Svastrino, we offer both counseling and mentoring services, including personality-based mentoring programs, to help our clients succeed in their careers.
4. How is Mentoring done?
Mentoring is a personalised process that focuses on verifying and planning future steps for the application of an evolving, unique career plan. At Svastrino, we follow a structured approach to mentoring listed below
- Listen with patience: Our first step is to listen to you as a neutral mentor, with patience and without giving any suggestions or opinions at that point in time. We are here to listen and understand your situation.
- Find the core issue: We work with you to identify the actual problem that needs to be addressed, rather than rushing towards a solution. We want to understand the core problem so we can help you find the best solution.
- Help you accept the facts: We understand that it can be challenging to let go of preconceived notions and biases. We make sure you are comfortable and understand the situation neutrally. With this process, it becomes easier for you to build acceptance of the facts and move forward.
- Identify your potential: We believe that everyone has great hidden potential that is yet to be found. With our Q&A process, we try to unravel those facts and figures to guide you on further education and career possibilities.
- Explore all options: Our Mentoring for Career Development program facilitates the exploration of all possible options, their pros and cons, benefits, and situational possibilities. We help you understand every angle and then verify all the available options as per your current needs.
5. What should be my attitude/mindset during the session?
During the mentoring session, we encourage you to bring an open and honest attitude to the table. Being a patient learner can help you make informed decisions about your future. We want you to be comfortable sharing your thoughts and aspirations with us, so we can guide you effectively. Remember, the session is all about identifying your unique needs and formulating the most suitable and futuristic career plan for you.
6. When should career mentoring be opted for?
The perfect time to start personalised career mentoring is now! Career Mentoring is a continuous process that helps you align & develop your personal, educational, and career goals with the help of a professional mentor.
Ideally, it’s best to start at least a year before any important education or career decision needs to be made.
For instance, if you are in 9th grade and have to choose a stream or course after 10th, the mentoring should begin before you start 10th grade. Similarly, if you want to make a decision for stream selection post-8th, it is advisable to start the session when you begin your 8th-grade studies.
7. How Frequently Should I Get into Education or Career Mentoring?
Staying on top of your career and education goals is a continuous process, which is why we suggest getting into mentoring each year to check on your progress and plan for the future based on the changes you’ve experienced in the past year.
8. How should I prepare myself for the session?
There isn’t much preparation expected from you, but still, you are expected to follow some very basic steps as mentioned below:
- Take some time to reflect on your goals and aspirations, and make a list of the issues you want to discuss with your mentor.
- Try to identify the root causes of any problems you may be facing in your education or career.
- It is of paramount importance to Trust the process and approach the session with an open mind, ready to consider all the options that may arise.
- Be honest and transparent with your mentor, and share all relevant information.
- Remember that mentoring is about growth and change, so be patient and open to new ideas and opportunities.
- Let go of any past disappointments or failures and focus on the future, with a positive and proactive attitude towards achieving your goals.
9. What information is expected to be shared by me with the mentor before and during the session?
To get the most out of your session and receive the best possible guidance, we urge you to share all relevant information with your mentor. This includes details about your background, educational qualifications, interests, passions, and any other factors that may affect your evolving and unique career plan. Additionally, during the session, we may ask for more information to assist in the formulation of your personalized career plan. Please remember that the information you provide is vital to your success, and any concealment or manipulation may hinder the futuristic career guidance you receive. With your complete and honest expressions, our mentor will help guide you towards a fulfilling and successful career path.
10. When should I get into any program?
Deciding to enroll in a program is a personal choice and can be done at any time when you feel it’s right for you. To help you make an informed decision, we have a section called ‘Choose the program if’ for each program that outlines the various reasons why you may benefit from enrolling in that specific program. So, take your time to explore and choose a program that aligns with your goals and aspirations.
1. What is Neutral Mentoring?
Neutral mentoring is a unique process of personalised training and guidance in which a mentor helps the mentee achieve a particular outcome that is unbiased and solely beneficial to the mentee’s future career. The mentor provides a neutral perspective and works with the mentee to identify their strengths and weaknesses, helping them develop a customised plan to achieve their goals. At Svastrino, we offer personalised career mentoring programs that use neutral mentoring techniques to help you achieve your full potential.
2. How do I know which program I should select?
We understand that choosing the right program can be a daunting task, but don’t worry – we’re here to help! First, take some time to reflect on your concerns and goals. Then, check out the “choose this program if” section on our website’s individual program pages. This section will guide you to the program that is best suited to your needs and goals.
3. What concerns are addressed in the Career Mentoring programs?
At Svastrino, we offer career mentoring programs that cater to every concern you may have when it comes to making informed career decisions. Our programs have helped over 11,000 students in the past 14 years. Here are some of the concerns we address in our programs:
- Needing a second opinion on selecting an academic course/university
- Not having enough time to select a career pathway/field before application deadlines
- Wanting to get a trial of how we can help grow careers at Svastrino
- Being confused or unaware of interests and career options available, and wanting a detailed career plan from a neutral professional career counselor
- Needing to find out more about interests, aptitude, personality, and develop a vision for oneself
- Looking to explore career options based on academics and personal background
- Wanting to make a planned career decision in advance through a thoughtful trial and elimination of options in consideration
- Engaging in short-term leadership development programs/activities/tasks to upskill, gain practical knowledge, and make a career decision based on experiences
- Gaining clarity on career options and assurance on further application processes to make informed career and life decisions
- Needing a complete analysis of personality, strengths, and challenges
- Mentoring for the development of a persistent mindset and passionate efforts
- Realizing and aligning one’s vision and life with the help of a coach
- Experimenting with options to understand and select the best career pathway
- Having new experiences to arrive at a unique plan for the future
- Needing a mentor to train and check on progress regularly
- Exploring untapped opportunities only available to a few voyagers
- Wanting to do what you love for the rest of your life
- Evolving into an enterprising entrepreneur and future leader.
At Svastrino, we understand that every student has unique needs, and we strive to provide tailored solutions to each individual. So, whatever your concern may be, we are here to help you achieve your career goals through our personalized career mentoring programs.
4. Is Career Mentoring a one-time process?
5. What documents will I have to keep ready for the session?
To ensure we can provide the best guidance possible, we kindly request that you have any relevant academic records, extracurricular achievements, work experience letters, and other documents that can help us understand your academic and professional background ready for the session. This will enable us to give you tailored advice that’s specific to your needs and goals.
6. Will this program be effective online?
We completely understand your concerns about the effectiveness of online mentoring. We want to assure you that the mentoring process is all about personalized guidance, and it does not require any physical or face-to-face meetings. Our top priority is to address all your concerns and provide you with the best solutions for your future career. Whether it’s an online or offline session, as long as we have a clear understanding of your needs and goals, we can provide you with the same quality of service. We have been successfully conducting online mentoring sessions since 2016, even with our clients from the Middle East, Africa, and the USA. So, rest assured, you can expect a very personalised, productive, and fulfilling experience with our online program.
7. How does Svastrino verify which career options are futuristic?
At Svastrino, we understand the importance of futuristic career options for our clients. To verify which career options are truly futuristic, we tap into two different worlds – the corporate world and the top educational institutes across various industries. By doing so, we gain valuable insights into what companies and educational institutions have planned for the future. We then compare and match this information to determine which career options are truly futuristic and will provide our clients with a successful career path.
8. Are these sessions and programs conducted individually or in a group?
9.Will the information shared in the program be confidential?
10. What if I need more suggestions and guidance about the plan after the session?
11. Can I reconnect with you after a few months from program completion for queries?
12. Will the same mentor guide me through the entire program?
13. How to book any program?
Booking a program with us is quite simple! You can either visit the Book Online page or click on the ‘Book Now button located at the bottom of each Program page which will redirect you to the booking page. We’ve made it easy and hassle-free for you to book the program that’s best suited for you.
14. What are various programs that I can opt for?
We have crafted our programs in a very systematic way and each program is optimum for a specific need to be resolved. We have 3 different programs that can be availed by you.
Bull’s Eye Program
Details of these programs are mentioned on their individual service page.